East Central Alabama Gas District was incorporated on January 25, 1954 in accordance with provisions of Act No. 762 adopted at the 1951 regular session of the Alabama State Legislature. The Mayors of the 3 towns of Ashland, Lineville and Goodwater witnessed the incorporation and served on the first Board of Directors concurrently with their term:
Mayor of Ashland: E.L. Wynn
Mayor of Lineville: Jeff McCord
Mayor of Goodwater: John T. Hudson
The Mission of East Central Alabama Gas District is to provide the distribution and the sale of natural gas and natural gas services for the 3 municipalities and the surrounding territory. Today East Central Alabama Gas (ECAG) provides natural gas service for customers in Ashland, Lineville, Millerville, Goodwater, New Site and Kellyton.